Anyway, below is a picture of this week's share.
Last weekend, I collected my share from my dear friend, Jessica, who had taken care to refrigerate the offering of week 3 for my return. I got a bag of greens, a bag of assorted lettuce, a head of lettuce, some tiny beets - that were delicious boiled and topped on a salad-, a bunch of radishes, and a pint of peas in their pods. We easily ate through everything - except for some of the lettuce. I have given it my best shot and will continue to try but I am not sure if some of it won't make it to my neighbor's house or the compost bin. Since I got another head of lettuce yesterday, I may just go ahead and send that one over...
There is a mystery among my share. He is dressed with pretty yellow flowers and covered in tiny bean-looking pods. I looked at the list that was sent by the CSA contact and I KNOW he isn't there because I recognize everything on the list: Beets (1 bunch with greens), Red Sails Head Lettuce (1 head), Sugar Snap Peas (2 pts), Kohlrabi (1 tennis ball sized), Onion (1 with greens), And ONE of the following vegetables: *Arugula, *Spicy Spring Mix, *Bagged Dill, *Bagged Basil, *White Salad Turnips, *Red Salad Turnips, *Kale.
My rubber band-bound bunch of weedy delicacy isn't present - not at all! I will post an update when she lets me know what it is!
Tonight I made a stir fry that included the onion and some of the peas...yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment