Friday, August 28, 2009

My little snacker

Recently, Cole has taken to snacking between meals because it is SO hard for me to say no when he tells me that he is hungry. For him, a snack is something healthy like a banana or popcorn but I am drawing the line. He won't have but one time to snack in school and he must learn to fill his tummy up at mealtime. I feel like a terrible person - not to mention a terrible mom - when I deny him food but lunch is only 45 minutes away and his belly will be filled with food then! Meanwhile, I may be denying him snacks because I don't want to be tempted myself - maybe. At any rate, we both have to wait for lunch.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

We are a snacker family too. It helps to avoid "I'm hungry" if we stay upstairs or outside. In the downstairs, in the car, and at someone else's house are the prime snacking places for us. Some days I'm really good and I can have part of dinner ready for a pre-dinner "snack" and then serve the rest of dinner with all of us later. Hummus is great for that.