Recently, I have found that I can eat just about anything and not gain weight. This is a new phenomenon since I have struggled with the scales all of my life. I have been skipping the gym too and still no weight gain! Finally, I pushed it to the limits and ate pizza for lunch, seafood buffet for dinner - including the dessert buffet, drank empty calories in beer, made birthday breakfast sandwiches for Chris, and ate my share of a dark chocolate cherry brownie recipe that I made to celebrate Chris' big day. I have gained 2 pounds.
Yesterday, I ate a fried chicken sandwich combo from Wendy's and then finished off Rhys' hamburger - he had maybe 1 bite...eek. Still, I have gained 2 pounds - TOTAL! I feel terrible, though...sluggish and vulnerable to illness. Funny how I can realize this feeling. I am terribly dehydrated and bloated from the sodium. I am not sleeping well and do feel flabby from the lack of toneing exercises that I was doing all last year.
Bathing suit season is in front of me and I need to work on better, healthier eating habits for the summer season of chasing my boys around a tee ball pitch and countless parks. Not to mention the fact that we are going to the beach at the end of May and I don't know if I can face a public showing of my bathing suit body.
My plan is to get back into the gym routine once we get the other car back. Incidentally, I do feel like I am getting a head cold so once I am back in fighting shape, I will be hitting the gym hard. I may even look decent by Memorial Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment