Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bink Be Gone!

We were gearing up for a visit from the Bink Fairy on Friday Night all last week. When it came time for Rhys to put his binks in the bag to be hung in the tree, he was reluctant to do it to the point of down-right refusal. Eventually, I took it from him and placed it in the bag. He cried until I let him pull the cord for his ceiling fan...about 30 seconds later. While he does ask for it occassionally, he quickly remembers that Mr. Potato Head and the new Dump Truck replaced his two last binks and they are forever gone. He struggled to settle for nap on Saturday but seems to be back on track now. Good for him! Good for us! Now, to start psyching myself up for potty training.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats to Rhys and you!

Jessica said...

That is awesome! Congratulations!

I have been blaming Cassie's behavior on the fact that we took away her paci 2 1/2 weeks ago, but then I was talking to her doctor about it at her 2 year check up on Tuesday and he thought my story didn't sound right. He suspected molar teething instead and I insisted that everything coincided with that act. Then he showed me her gums and yup! She's teething! Today I gave her some tylenol and wouldn't you know it- she gets down right decent now!

So look out for that situation to arise and remember, if he's out of sorts and you need to blame something, it's not the lack of a bink!