I have actually been avoiding the blogs lately - the food blog because I haven't cooked anything new and when I visit it, I am reminded of that fact and this blog because I am not sure if I want to document what is going on in my head right now. You see, changes are afoot and part of me doesn't want to think about it at all and another part of me isn't sure if I am ready to.
I am going to start working at an office job again and I am thrilled with the opportunity. I have also worked out the kids' care and am excited about that too. I don't know when I am going to start so I am just going through the days now being thankful for not having to commute today. We read more together, I rock Rhys more, and we generally try to spend more time away from the house - at the gym, the park, etc. The beauty of being a SAHM is that I don't have a job that I have to leave home to do; it doesn't mean that I have to stay at home. The real beauty is the freedom of going to story time or play dates without the restrictions of a work schedule.
This new "part-timer's" attitude I have about leaving the home has had an impact on the cleanliness of the house so I spent a lot of time cleaning last week in anticipation of my Mom's visit. We had a lovely time going out for lunch, walking around parks, picnicing with Cole's class, watching Cole play tee-ball, and attending a night parade.
This is pretty much how the days are rolling these days. We are doing lots of fun things, trying not to spend too much money, but making the most of the time we have before I head back to the world of the working.
I will add more musings about this in the coming months, I am sure. But for now, just know that we are still here, enjoying life, exercising, eating good food, and enjoying each other. Basically, we are counting our blessings and that is keeping us very busy.
No comments:
Post a Comment