Shanti, Santhi or Shanthi (from Sanskrit शान्तिः śāntiḥ) means peace, rest, calmness, tranquility, or bliss.
The poet T.S. Eliot, in his poem The Waste Land (where he spelled it Shantih) translated it as "The Peace which passeth understanding."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are very rare moments in my life where I can say that I have a flood of peace and calmness roll over me. So often I get wrapped up in money worries, life balance issues, health concerns, physical discomfort, and weight woes. Today, this instant, I can say that I am calm and at peace in my life. I am so in love with my family, friends, job, and life that I am smiling from my soul.
Yesterday I was surrounded by friends and family in a joyous fellowship that included glorious weather, fun games, candy, cupcakes, hot dogs, and even a bounce house. Smiles, hugs, kisses, and laughter was the name of the game - there was trick-or-treating too. And I am still floating on the happiness cloud that I let billow under my feet yesterday.
I am so very blessed to have friends to enrich my life and lift me up. I am so blessed to have lovely children and an ever-helpful husband to make everything great even better somehow. I am blessed and thankful for having a mother that my husband loves as much as I do and who is so very integrated in my life that she knows my friends even though they live so far away.
I am spending today at work, blessed and thankful that I can be in an office where people ask me about my weekend and family and really want to know about them both. I will be working through my to-do list today with a smile on my face and look forward to seeing my munchkins tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment