Phew! My mind is all over the place right now. I can't nail down a blogging topic because I have so much to say. That is probably because I have so much to be thankful for, excited about, and generally positive about. I can break it down into categories but that seems too structured so I will demonstrate how swirly (is that a word?) my thoughts are in my brain right now.
My dog is so funny. There is a ball on her bed so she is sleeping on the floor. She can move the ball - this is a skill that she has - but since it is one of the kids' toys, she won't go near it. She is very respectful of people stuff, for the most part, and won't even think about moving it.
Our Christmas tree is really pretty. I like how I can make it come alive at the flick of a switch and the walls reflect the soft glow of the colored lights. The star on top slowly changes colors too so it is always a little different every time I look at it.
I just watched the sun rise. I am not sure why I couldn't sleep and am surely going to be regretting it more later.
Cole has swim lessons this morning. He is in a 4 week session at the gym and is doing okay. He doesn't want to put his face under so he closes his eyes and holds his breath while his face hovers millimeters from the water surface as he paddles along. I hope he takes the plunge today.
We started our Month of Christmas yesterday. I made up a calendar that has a Christmas-related activity every day from December 1 through December 25th. Today we will do a snowflake craft with MOMS Club.
I am so thankful for our babysitter. She is so flexible with her schedule, accommodating my crazy requests at the last minute to pick up Cole from school, and even take him to his last swim lesson in a few weeks so I can participate in a work gift exchange.
I am so thankful for all of my friends who are part of the village that raises my children. Jessica and Amber are, without fail, always willing to help out and are actually overwhelming apologetic when they can't. Heather is always there when I need to vent or complain. Kelly is my rock, my conscience, and an extension of myself. Lawrie surrenders convenience for me once a week to get Cole to the sitter. Kara graciously offers to keep the boys for Chris and I to have time off. Aside from helping with the kids, these ladies help me keep focus on my priorities and place in this world. I am so very blessed.
I took too long to drink my coffee and now it is cold, but not cold enough to pass as iced coffee - ugh.
Cole helped me put out our nativity scene. I don't have enough Christ things on our calendar to say that I am keeping Christ in Christmas. I think I will start reading the Christmas bible passages to Cole at night.
More decorations. I think we need more. I am not going all Clark Griswald on the place but we do need to be a little more festive. I think I will remedy that this weekend.
Work is great! I love it. I love the people. I love the work. I love it.
Potty training absolutely sucks. ABSOLUTELY SUCKS. Let me say it again, it F*&%ing Sucks. Rhys refuses to poop on the potty and now won't even tell me he needs a diaper. He poops on the floor, in his pants, anywhere. He got used to wearing a pull-up and now also pees in his pants. I had to wash 4 pairs of pants, a set of sheets, 2 dining room chair cushions, and a shirt on Tuesday because he peed on them.
I love my kids. Rhys can be so sweet sometimes and when he is and he is content with what he is doing, he is an absolute joy. Some days that time comes and goes like a flash in the pan. He has a hair trigger and often I would say that he acts like an A$$. If an adult man acted like he does, he would be wildly successful in business but terribly lonely.
Rhys wants what he wants and when he wants it and nothing short of that is good enough. He digs his heels in and must be in charge of the situation and me. What ever he does has to be his idea and on his terms. He tries to order me around, has temper tantrums often, and is rude. He is coy and knows how to get what he wants. He can order tears to come as quickly as he could smile.
That being said: he is 2. He is 2 and the above paragraph is the definition of a 2 year old. Cole was an A$$ when he was 2 and we survived that. I reminded him and myself who was in charge and we will get there but he will spend a lot of time in time-out, will be dismissed from the table without dinner when he refuses to eat and hits his brother with his fork. He will be told how to politely say "Sorry, I was just talking to myself" instead of the abrupt, "I am not talking to you" that currently spews from his cute little lips. He will get it. It just takes us hounding him about it for him to finally understand.
When it is good, though, it is spectacular.
Cole is also finding his way and can be an angel and a devil within the same 10 minute span of time. I am grateful of their patience with me and their unconditional love of me. I am so very grateful
1 comment:
I hate potty training too!
Post a Comment