Wednesday, January 26, 2011

How things are now

It has been a while since I last posted to this blog and I guess it is because I have been busy living and working and doing my thing.

I want to post and document about my health and struggle with fibromyalgia but feel like I have talked about it until I can't talk about it any more. The bottom line is that I am in pain. I am in a lot of pain and I can't get away from myself enough to know what it is like to think about anything clearly.

Imagine having to function well throughout every minute of the day - grocery shopping, working on a spreadsheet, representing your company, disciplining your children, playing with your children, preparing a meal, etc. with someone constantly punching you in the back. Imagine how poorly you can concentrate and your lack of patience. That is where I am. Yesterday I cried. I cried a lot and wallowed it in. I am still wallowing in it a bit but know that I have given myself that time and now need to snap out of it. Accept that this is my lot in life, cope with it as much as I can, and move on. No one can do anything to help. The doctors can only give me more coping strategies. There is no cure, there is no magic pill. It all just seems so bleek.

My current strategy is whole foods, exercise, water, epson salt baths, heat pads, cold compresses, muscle relaxers, and ibuprophen.

Here's hoping.

No comments: