I was having a great day and really enjoying the fact that I got so much work done and the chili dinner was smelling delicious. I wasn't even angry when I saw a giant amoeba-shaped Kool-Aid stain on the carpet on my way from the living room to the kitchen. I sprayed some stain remover on and figured I would get it out after dinner.
After dinner, I found that none of my stain-remover tips were working (low roller coaster). I consulted Google and found a trick:
6 Cups Hot Water
4 Drops Dawn Dish Detergent
Warm Iron
White towels
Mix the detergent in the water. Wet a towel and dribble some of the detergent water mixture on the stain. Place a towel onto the stain and then put the iron on top. Let it sit for a minute or so and the stain lifts into the towel. This really works. Repeat as necessary.
Almost all of the stain came out - the rest will come out over time with the steam cleaner. (high roller coaster - I can see the whole park from here!)
As I picked up my stuff to put it all away, I lifted my foot and saw that I added a new stain of red play-doh, which had hitched a ride on the sole of my new slipper. Normally, I would have let it get crusty and just chip away at it but it had gotten wet from my other stain-removing-with-steam efforts and now was a bright pink spot the size of a silver dollar (low roller coaster - will this ride ever end?).
I refocused my stain-removing efforts to this stain and was not as successful.
MEANWHILE- Chris put the kids in the tub. About 1/2 way through the tub filling, I hear water dripping in the downstairs bathroom. I ran in and yelled up for the water to be turned off. Once it was off, it stopped dripping - so the tub itself wasn't leaking...must be the faucet. (even lower roller coaster - seriously, let me off now!)
MEANWHILE- Chris was doing a minor repair with wood glue and when he heard me yelling, he dropped the glue dispenser on the carpet in my son's room. (roller coaster lower still - I swear, I will jump if I must.). Fortunately, he grabbed a towel from the bathroom and got all of the glue up (slight incline in coaster ride - click, click, click, click...)
We did some troubleshooting and I finally realized that the faucet cover that we have in the boys tub to prevent them from hurting their heads had been turned around - by the boys, by the way - and was causing the water to flow back and come out of the seal. Phew, at least we don't have to call a plumber and have them rip out the floor. (a further incline in the coaster - we are getting even higher now!).
I piled on to the even-tempered discussion that Chris lead with the children and enjoyed the remainder of the ride knowing that it would soon end and I could disengage the locking bar and get off for sure.
I abandoned the stain cleaning in hopes that the play-doh stain along with the faint Kool-aid will disappear over time. I can't deal with anything else this evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment