When I started a blog, Chris seemed interested in doing one too but kept saying that no one wants to hear about his work. Well, my work is different in that I can tell some stories but I REALLY can't tell some stories in a public forum since my stories tend to be confidential in nature or at least could blemish a corporate image so I have to stay tight-lipped. The boys are the most interesting topic of conversation for us and I do enjoy blogging about our adventures.
Lately, I haven't been taking pictures and I haven't been blogging because I have simply been living it - there has been no time to document my life.
I am up sick in the bed today and felt like it was a good opportunity to get caught up.
Cole and Rhys are starting school in a little over a month and I will be turning 37 in a couple of weeks. I started school shopping this morning and will be taking inventory of what fits and what pieces are missing.
We spent a week in SC helping Mom and Dad after Mom had her hip replacement. Unfortunately, the recovery didn't go as planned and we needed all hands on deck. Becky came to the rescue by calling her trip short and returning back home so she could be closer after I left. She picked up where I left off and we were able to tag team the efforts to help them get back on track. It was emotionally and physically exhausting.
Kelly, my bff, was a lifesaver during that week because she took my kids so I could focus on my folks. Carrying on with the original plan to come to our house to celebrate the 4th of July, we changed plans a little and I left my car with her husband and Kelly and I left with all of the kids in the minivan early on Friday morning.
Sunday we hosted a 4th of July on the 3rd of July picnic/cookout with the neighbors in the sweltering heat. It was a good time but continued the trend of exhausting. Monday we continued the celebration with a shrimp boil at the neighbors. Tuesday I had a long day at work where I conducted a termination and put some finishing touches on a company-wide offsite that was happening on that Friday. These finishing touches were continuing through the week. The offsite was also an exhausting day and put an end to the craziness that was my mid-June to early-July.
We had a break for a weekend and then looked forward to taking the kids to The Great Wolf Lodge in Scotrun, PA (in the Poconos). Cole has been asking to go to GWL since I started commuting back to work last year. It was time to do it and we had satisfied our personal financial requirements before we decided to spend the money on a vacation.
The GWL is FULL-ON, indoor water park craziness. It was 46 solid hours of chasing, disciplining, take-turn making, craziness...The boys had a lot of fun and we promised ourselves that we would not be coming back for another 3 years.
Not surprising, Cole got sick on Saturday night so we came home after a quick pack-up on Sunday and I stayed home with him Monday. Also not surprising, I got sick and here I am now.
Like I said, I didn't take pictures but Chris managed to click a couple with his phone. Here are the boys. If you are interested in checking out the place, click here

So, you are probably asking yourself, "What's next?"
I am glad you asked! School is next, Chris and I will be attending the first Baltimore Grand Prix the day before Labor Day, a weekend sailing trip for me in September and then a trip for me to San Francisco to visit friends in October. We have booked a family portrait session for November and then we will be heading to NYC for a Christmas trip with friends in the middle of December followed by Chris' parents visiting along with his brother for Christmas.
So, if you don't hear from me in a while, assume that we are just being super busy - you will probably be right!
1 comment:
Wow, you really are busy!
Post a Comment