Tuesday, January 12, 2010

walking a mile

I have a friend who is spending today, along with countless others all over the world, fasting and praying for successful open heart surgery on her newborn baby that will take place tomorrow. Their faith is so strong and, although she and her husband practice different religions (she is Mormon and he is Catholic) they attend mass and church every week and have friends, family, and loved ones of different nationalities and religious beliefs praying for their son all over the world. She is maintaining a blog to help keep everyone informed and she made an entry that included some of the places where his name has been included for prayer and I was moved by the sheer number of people who are thinking of this family during this very stressful time. They are feeling the love and strength and faith of everyone around them. I can only imagine the warmth that they get from that experience but I can also imagine the terror of the what-if and worst case scenario that could potentially play out for them tomorrow. I have no desire to walk a mile in their shoes but having two children of my own, I can easily imagine their pain, stress, and worry. I will be adding myself to the list of people praying for Bodie Piantanida throughout the day today and all day tomorrow. Bodie, Lisa, and David...my prayers are with you too.

No comments: