Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Decade Musings

I wanted to give 2010 a huge jump-start by establishing some resolutions and making some subtle but positive changes in my life and general outlook. I felt a little derailed because any diet or fitness commitments had to wait until I got back from SC. It just was too much to expect my extended family to watch the boys while I braved frigid temperatures to exercise - which I wasn't exactly jazzed to do - and I wasn't going to buy special food for myself or ask menu changes to be made to reflect my newly adopted diet lifestyle.
So, here I am on the 10th of the month having just returned from the gym to make up for the beers that I am about to drink while I sit on the couch and watch football. Surprisingly, less tv and less beer are also on the list for the new year. I expect this all is going to shake out after we do get back into a routine. Right now, the house is a mess - holiday decorations and empty boxes are still laying about and who can start on the new year when we are still cleaning up from the last one?
Anyway, I do plan on simplifying things and regaining control of other things. The bottom line is to trim the fat - on myself and in my wallet, clear out excess crap from my home, and use my talents and resources to bring more income into the house.

Best moment lately: Saying this will make all sympathy for me disappear but I have to give credit to my two little men and dog. Yesterday, I pulled them from warm beds at 4am to drive 8 hours and only stop once. They didn't complain, they sat, watched a DVD, ate snacks, and waited patiently for the car to ultimately land at home where Daddy was waiting and ready to empty the car, manage the crazy children and dog. We had a great trip and now I am getting geared up to manage what will be a wildly successful fundraiser, and embark on my own journey into the 20-teens. Let's roll!

No comments: