It isn't what you think! I am not going vegetarian. I LOVE vegetables but I also love meat. My children do too. Cole especially likes chicken but when he was Rhys' age, he loved bacon. He still does but not with the zeal that he did back then. We don't buy bacon anymore because of the cholesterol and fat but occasionally, we do get it when we are out. When Cole was barely 1, I had a bacon cheeseburger and gave him a soft piece of bacon from my burger. After we got home from the restaurant, he was playing on the floor and the dog wouldn't leave him alone. I realized that he was still chewing on the piece of bacon! It had been almost 2 hours!
Last night, I cut up a hamburger patty for Rhys for his supper. He really enjoyed it as did Sasha. I didn't even have to think of a broom last night after dinner, she had cleaned it all up. He really seemed to enjoy the taste as he had never had beef in a form that he needed to chew a little. I dusted him off after he was all done and took him to the bathroom for bath time. I got him undressed and put him in the tub. Cole soon followed and I got them both in the tub. Cole was playing and Rhys started laughing at him and, sure enough, there it was: a few little pearls of hamburger still being enjoyed in Rhys' mouth. I immediately was reminded of Cole and the bacon.
No comments:
Post a Comment