I was up until 11:30 last night. First, I was watching television and then Rhys woke up. He is having some stomach issues and I am blaming the teething and hope that all of his woes will pass when his teeth all emerge. He is going to have big teeth like his mom and they are breaking through 4 at a time. I was worried that the later night would mean that it would be harder to get up this morning but I had no trouble. I had put out my workout clothes in the bathroom so I got dressed and headed out the door. The temperature was more bearable than I had expected and I opted to leave Sasha at home (she was none too happy about this decision).
I made it to my turnaround point having maintained a good pace and steady breathing. As soon as I headed back home, I got a terrible stitch in my left side. It was very painful and I slowed my pace for the rest of the walk. Part of me was discouraged by the pain and a bigger part of me will use it as a reason to get out more. In any endeavor, we must push through the times when our enthusiasm wanes or when we come to virtual roadblocks. I will be back at it tomorrow and may even walk to a friend's house today (if the rain holds off).
No comments:
Post a Comment