Reflecting on last week, the time passed at a steady pace and I got some things done, had fun with friends, and managed to get some exercise. It has been raining for the past couple of days but we have fought to not stay in the house. Yesterday, we took the boys to the mall for some shoe shopping for Chris and I. I picked up a new pair of running shoes and hope that will help with my knee pain. Today, we took the boys to DC for Cole to see the "Dinosaur bones" as he has requested for the past month. We didn't realize that the St. Patty's Day parade would be today as well so after the museum and lunch (at Elephant and Castle), we walked against the parade flow and saw most of it stopping a couple of times for Cole to take in the bands, motorcycles, and Shriner's mini cars. I do love a parade, even if it is in the rain.
When we got home, I made a roast for dinner complete with potatoes, gravy, steamed broccoli, and perfect Yorkshire Puddings for my hubby. While I had the oven going, I roasted some slices of eggplant and used them to assemble a vegetarian lasagna and baked up a chicken and rice casserole. It really didn't take long to do and now we have enough meals and leftovers to get us through the week, easily. The leftover roast is already serving as a sandwich for Chris tomorrow and I am sure I will either have a salad or sandwich with it as well.
The garden is flourishing. I had to move my flats to the windowsill in the living room because the containers were not drying out enough and mold was starting to grow. The plants are getting dry so I need to figure out a good balance for the soil and the containers so we keep the mold at bay.
We have an easy week ahead of us (at least the boybies and I do). We have regular house stuff to do, a few activities, one of which we are hosting, and I have some work calls. Other than that, I don't anticipate anything really pressing, which is always nice. Having our meals planned and prepared is a big weight lifted too. Hopefully, I will also be able to squeeze some exercise in if the weather cooperates.
No comments:
Post a Comment