Friday, January 22, 2010
You can't have a weak constitution
So, I found myself with a box cutter blade within millimeters of Rhys' wrist today in the checkout line of Trader Joe's because he had tightened the knot of a balloon string around it to the point that his hand was turning purple. The man at the checkout didn't have scissors, only the box cutter. The TJ Associate squinted his eyes and bit his bottom lip as he couldn't look away while I went to work cutting away the string. I told him that he probably thought that I was crazy...he was silent. I then told him that it was okay to tell me if he thought that I was crazy...still silent. Finally, I successfully relieved said boy from said balloon and I looked at the man, who was still not so sure about what he had just witnessed and said, "You can't be the mother of two boys and have a weak constitution." I paid for my groceries and thanked him for his "help".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No, you certainly can't...oh the wonderful things they will do to us through the years.
HAHAHA!!! I can only imagine what was going through that guys mind!
I hope you cut AWAY from his wrist -- on the back side -- not that I would have thought of that at the time, mind you.)
Post a Comment