I took the boys out this morning on a seemingly innocent trip to Target for Cole to pick out a new toy with his gift card and birthday money. Cole quickly picked out a couple of things that he "had to have" and I proceeded to shop for gifts for some of his friends who have birthdays coming up. I got him set up to play a leapster game and turned around to look at some board games when he said, "I am peeing!" Now, this is the second time he has done this in two weeks and this time, I struggled to keep it together. I put him into the shopping cart and quickly found replacement pants, underwear, and socks. We made our purchases and I unloaded our merchandise and the baby from the cart and took ALL into the bathroom and changed Cole while wrestling to keep Rhys on his floppy seat and off of the bathroom floor. We made it out of the store...all clean and dry and headed to a brunch play date.
We were a little early for the play date but that was okay. Cole played with the host children and then as other children arrived, he played with them and we moved upstairs to the dining room. I still had my coat on and was just getting settled when Cole came running and screaming up the hall with a mouthful of blood. He had bitten his lip and was bleeding profusely. I had drops of blood all over my coat and jeans. We gave him Motrin and ice and a Popsicle and once the bleeding stopped, he was ready to play again. My friend Kim was holding Rhys and once Cole was back in fighting form, I took Rhys. He wrapped his legs around my side and immediately peed - through his diaper - onto my shirt. I was beside myself. I changed his diaper and just let his pants dry.
We had a lovely visit and after about an hour and a half, I decided it was time to go because Rhys was getting tired and I was ready to get out of my blood and urine soaked clothes. I put Rhys' jeans back on him and picked him up...same stance...same result. He peed AGAIN on ME!!! My almost dry spot was soiled again. Honestly, at this point a CSI black light would have illuminated me!
I got Cole and Rhys into the car and we headed home. We were almost there when Cole started screaming and kicking his feet. He had poked himself in the eye with his finger. Honestly, you can't make this stuff up. His eye got really swollen and is finally clearing up. The poor kid really had a rough day and as a result, so did I. PHEW!
1 comment:
Mama said there'd be days like this...doesn't mean we have to like them though... Have a glass of wine and a good movie and call it a night
Post a Comment