Actually, I try to make Mondays not be so manic. After a whirlwind weekend, Monday is the day to get the house back in order and generally reset myself. I do have some errands to run. I need to go to the post office to mail a couple of things. I found a Navy football ring at the diner on Saturday and am mailing it to the coach at the Naval Academy so it can be returned to its rightful owner. I also need to drop some things off at the cleaners.
We had a full and productive weekend. I was up and at 'em on Saturday and drug the family to the Farmer's market in Annapolis. It is the first market to open and Saturday was opening day. We rolled into the parking lot by 7:30am. I bought some cookies, a cup of coffee, and some scones for Chris and I and we went through the market pretty quickly.
I now know that I will buy some plants in a few weeks. I think I will get my herbs from there. I just didn't have a need to pick up plants that can't go in the ground just yet and I didn't need any kale, collards, chard or lettuce. I knew that would be all there was but I still wanted to go. Afterwards, we went for breakfast at a diner and stopped off at The Home Depot on our way home. Meanwhile, it was just after 9am when we rolled into The Home Depot. What a morning! I bought some potting soil and containers because my baby plants are practically root bound and in desperate need of room to grow.
When we got home, Chris took Cole to his office to turn in his expenses and I stayed here so Rhys could nap and I could transplant my baby plants. The weather was so beautiful, I really didn't want to do anything inside. I bought a bread maker from someone on craigslist so after lunch, we drove up to Towson to pick it up and while we were there, we went to a nice grocery store called Wegmans. If you have never been to one, I highly recommend it. We have been a few times before but since we were in the area, we wanted to go again. Chris picked out some gourmet snacks for an indoor evening picnic to accompany some Slumdog Millionaire viewing and I bought all of my bread-making supplies.
Now, I have to mention the state of the bread maker and the comedy that is involved. I paid $10 for it...I didn't expect it to be in pristine condition. Well, it works fine and was in need of a good scrubdown. I find humor in situations in which a stereotype is played out. The previous owner, named Sanjay, is Indian. The breadmaker was covered in a film that emmitted a strong curry smell. I love curry...I don't love stale curry film on a bread machine. I am still struggling to get the last of the odor out of the vents and the more I use it, the less I will be able to smell it - fingers crossed. I have made two loaves already and am really happy with the results (the bread doesn't taste of curry at all, thankfully).
I made French Toast with it for Chris and I yesterday morning. After breakfast, I sat outside and read for a while and Chris took Cole to the store with him. When Rhys woke up from his nap, he and I had a picnic on the lawn. After lunch and the return of the big boys, the kids and I had an afternoon nap. When everyone woke up, we went to dinner at Cantler's Riverside Inn. I had seafood, Cole had pizza, and Chris had a cheesesteak sandwich. It was fun and felt like a vacation. The weather was beautiful all day and I actually ended up with a bit of a farmer's tan from my time out reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment