Monday, September 21, 2009

Ever had one of those days?

This may actually be a first for me, though it makes perfect sense that people feel this way. Today, I am not in the mood to be me; have my responsibilities or opportunities. I clearly went through the motions today but tried to change it up a bit. I MADE the boys play outside in the beautiful 75 degree weather, in the grass, on the ground, in the mulch, in the play house, the whole deal. Cole asked me several times if he could go in with Rhys - like Rhys was begging to go in too. After about an hour and a half, I let them go in and I stayed outside for about 5 more minutes and finished my book. It was nice, not being me for a few minutes. I did fall back into the routine when I had my work call at 3:30. The boys had woken from naps and would be ready to eat and it didn't matter how much I didn't want to be me, someone had to feed the children! I managed to work out at the gym for an hour this morning before the outdoor play and then when the boys were napping, I did a 20 minute work out following a sadistic personal trainer on television. I am sure I will feel it tomorrow. Maybe I will feel like being me tomorrow. Either way, being me isn't so bad. I just need to depart from my routine, I think.

No comments: