Thursday, September 3, 2009

Wine(ing)

At our house, the weekend starts on Thursday - which means that happy hour begins when Chris gets home. I really look forward to Thursdays. We usually have a nice meal - the recent trend is beef in the form of steak. Tonight it was flank steak over a very large salad filled with Romaine lettuce, spinach, mushrooms, CSA carrots, CSA baby cherry tomatoes, celery, and cucumbers. I even topped the salad with a fig that was offered by the CSA host house and picked up with my share by my dear friend Jessica - THANKS JESSICA!!! I made the dressing with balsamic (overheard pronounced BALLS-mick by a chick at McDonalds yesterday - makes me chuckle, Chris thinks I am being elitist) vinegar, dijon mustard, chopped garlic, freshly ground pepper, dried onion, rosemary, oregano, and basil. Chris brought the wine and we dove in. The boys have been well-behaved and Rhys has mastered - in his 17 month old way - the stairs so he has the freedom to come and go.

I feel like I have made some headway with work stuff. I have a working to do list and the desk is clean so things are getting done and I am well pleased with that. I am really really happy right now and it could be the wine talking but I don't think so.

I spent Tuesday cleaning and purging the house of clutter and trash. The kitchen is clear and lovely as are the other living spaces. I still need to tidy our bedrooms but don't feel like the walls are caving in.

I look out at the tree and know that what ever was causing it stress has been annihilated. I can go out on the deck and see that the garden is weeded and tomatoes are riping on the vine.

My children are mildly well behaved, Cole will be starting preschool, Rhys is only lactose intollerant and digesting his food like normal again. He is beginning to use words and this is such an exciting time for my boybies.

I am exercising at the gym every day and the new diet is resulting in a pound lost every day. Now that I am indulging in the wine, I am sure that trend will have a brief pause but the plan tomorrow is to workout first thing and then head to the pool. What a great life I have. Things start to cave in when I spend too much time on one aspect of my life but right now, today, this week even, I am in balance...bliss.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You sound quite blissful. That is great! I wish my life could get under that level of control and create that special type of bliss. Alas, it's not to be.

Maybe I need more wine in my diet!