Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Categories - update

I have so many different and different items to update so I am going to categorize them here:

Personal Wellness:
I have been to the gym 9 out of the last 10 days and have burned a minimum of 400 calories each time. On Monday, I started a muddied down version of the Sonoma Diet. Basically, I eat 1 cup of plain yogurt topped with All Bran cereal and a packet of Splenda and a shake of cinnamon for breakfast with a cup of coffee and a big cup of water. After breakfast, I go to the gym and treat myself to about 10 almonds in the car on the way home. I have another big glass of water while I get things done around the house or do some work. I eat a whole wheat tortilla with a small amount (about 3 ounces) of lean meat, a wedge of Laughing Cow spreadable cheese smeared across it and whatever veggies I can throw in - today it was a little pork tenderloin, some steamed mushrooms, and about 2 cups of raw spinach. I load it, I MEAN LOAD it up with spinach. I eat a string cheese as a snack in the afternoon and then for dinner, I have 4 ounces of lean meat, about 1/2 cup of whole grain, and as many veggies as I can fit on the remaining part of my plate. In the evening, I have broken all the rules with a couple of squares of dark chocolate and a couple of Sam Adams Light. So, for those of you following along, I have now adjusted my diet AND am exercising. The reward? I am down 3 pounds since Sunday night. YIPPEE!!! Tonight, I had McDonalds - a grilled chicken sandwich - no mayo - and a side salad (460 calories and 11 grams of fat)...more about why Micky D's later....

The Garden:
My onions never came up so I am done with planting new things for this year...at least I think I am. I am still battling the dog for the back lawn. She likes to dig a hole and sit in the cool dirt under my fledgling baby grass seedlings. I weeded all of the unwanted out of the strawberry patch and pulled some of the strawberry plants that were invading the tomato area. I have SO MANY tomatoes. Throughout the growing season, I have clipped back the lower branches and kept the suckers at bay. It has really paid off. One branch has 8 tomatoes about the size of a stress ball.

Upon close inspection, I found that the tree in the front yard was infested with some type of boaring insect. As a result, there is decaying matter and moisture so it also was infested with tree slugs and earwigs. My poor tree! I immediately employed the use of pesticides. I watered the base of the tree with the poison as per the package instructions on Saturday and tonight there is no sign of any of the three buggies. I have peeled back the dead bark and fed the tree. The pest treatment is good for 12 months so I am hoping we caught it in time and the tree can get to healing and be all better come spring. Again, here's hoping.

Work:
I am in charge of our October workshop and don't feel like I am on schedule. That is just about how I feel about that right now. At the same time, I know it will all get done and get done in plenty of time with our team doing it all together.

Rhys:
Rhys is starting to talk and clearly understands what we are asking him. He likes to climb and slide on the toddler slide here and on playgrounds. He is starting to be a little pickier with his eating and is still lactose intolerant. He does like Soy Milk so I don't do supplements every day which is really good. We went today to get his passport so we will be all set for our trip to see Nana and Grandad. He loves Cole and will do anything that his big brother commands. He will miss him when he starts preschool next week.

Cole:
Tonight was Preschool Open House and Cole had a chance to meet his teacher and explore his classroom. He chose McDonalds as the place for dinner and afterwards, we headed on over. He is in a class of 15 students and seemed to be excited about everything. I am thankful that he is in the same class with a friend of his - with a mom who is a friend of mine...safety in numbers, for sure.

Chris:
What can I say, I am a lucky girl. Shout out to the hubby who fills in the gaps for everything that I don't have time or energy to do.

That just about does it. You are now up-to-date.

No comments: