Rhys and Cole have been suffering from a virus lately and as per the norm, they both have respiratory trouble. For Cole, it became RSV again with pneumonia and for Rhys, it stayed a virus but he did develop a secondary infection. They are both on antibiotics and Cole is on the nebulizer twice a day with two different medications each time. I kept thinking that Divine Intervention was working in us and that was the only reason I could explain not catching what was going around.
Yesterday, Christmas Eve, I started getting that sick feeling around 4pm. By the time Santa was due to arrive, I was well and truly ill. Rhys was sleeping/settling for only 5 to 10 minutes at a time and required attention to settle again. I was in bed by 10pm with ear plugs in to ensure that I got some uninterrupted sleep. It worked until about 1am when Rhys started up again and Chris didn't hear him. I tended to him and dissolved another round of Echinacea - a.k.a. "the nasty" on my tongue and then drifted off again.
I have been able to function today and be the mom of two little guys who are only feeling their way through the magic of this day. Chris also is suffering fatigue and cold symptoms. We are both hoping for good nights for both boys and us too.
I was able to pull myself together and put on a good face because I know that my friend is doing that same thing only multiplied by 1000 today for her family and children. Her mother died two days ago, suddenly, and too soon. I have a physical sensation when I attempt to relate to her experience that can only be described as a hollow spot in my soul. I can imagine that she is in deep and unexplainable pain and sadness but, knowing her, she is pushing that aside as much as possible to be the pillar for her children who have lost their grandmother at the same time they were planning for Santa to come.
Sickness and Death don't take holidays and I am reminded that all things are trivial when compared to the importance of wellness and life. My heart goes out to those who suffer from incurable diseases and those who have lost loved ones. I do hope that everyone has a Merry Christmas and we are all able to find peace on Earth.
Yesterday, Christmas Eve, I started getting that sick feeling around 4pm. By the time Santa was due to arrive, I was well and truly ill. Rhys was sleeping/settling for only 5 to 10 minutes at a time and required attention to settle again. I was in bed by 10pm with ear plugs in to ensure that I got some uninterrupted sleep. It worked until about 1am when Rhys started up again and Chris didn't hear him. I tended to him and dissolved another round of Echinacea - a.k.a. "the nasty" on my tongue and then drifted off again.
I have been able to function today and be the mom of two little guys who are only feeling their way through the magic of this day. Chris also is suffering fatigue and cold symptoms. We are both hoping for good nights for both boys and us too.
I was able to pull myself together and put on a good face because I know that my friend is doing that same thing only multiplied by 1000 today for her family and children. Her mother died two days ago, suddenly, and too soon. I have a physical sensation when I attempt to relate to her experience that can only be described as a hollow spot in my soul. I can imagine that she is in deep and unexplainable pain and sadness but, knowing her, she is pushing that aside as much as possible to be the pillar for her children who have lost their grandmother at the same time they were planning for Santa to come.
Sickness and Death don't take holidays and I am reminded that all things are trivial when compared to the importance of wellness and life. My heart goes out to those who suffer from incurable diseases and those who have lost loved ones. I do hope that everyone has a Merry Christmas and we are all able to find peace on Earth.
The boys were well and truly excited to see that Santa did, indeed, come and bring everything they wanted and things they wanted but didn't know. I loved this Christmas and as Cole has said, this is the BEST Christmas ever, in spite of the sickness.
No comments:
Post a Comment