I am truly suffering from my fibromyalgia today. It is terrible but not as bad as yesterday. I look back on yesterday and it is a complete blur. I woke up to excruciating digestion pain. It is hard to describe but it felt like indigestion in my back. The sensation of a spiky bowling ball trying to go down my spine. The pain was persistent throughout the morning and I had to choke down anything I tried to consume, including water. It even hurt to take Tylenol.
Chris can't stay at home and by lunch time he was ready to get out. I needed to get out too so we headed out to get a tree topper. I had gotten up and steam cleaned the carpet downstairs and we moved furniture around to put up our new tree. It is beautiful, by the way. It is the perfect size for our space and doesn't take over the room like our last one.
We went to K-Mart and my pain, combined with Cole's fatigue, made for a frustrating shopping experience. We managed to pick out an angel to top our tree. It is clear plastic but looks like it is glass with three led lights shining from below. You could see what it looks like lit up by pressing a button. I thought it was pretty and Cole selected the one with the horn.
We ate a quick lunch and came back home for nap time. I relaxed for a bit and then tackled the installation of the angel. When I put it all together and installed it on top of the tree, I was delighted to find that the light outlet actually fit the string of lights on the tree and was surprised to see that the Angel rotates! At first, I thought it was a bit tacky - Chris still thinks so. After I looked at it for a while...I turned the lights off in that area of the room and laid down on the floor watching the patterns the lights made on the ceiling, I really appreciated its beauty. It is really pretty and when we get the rest of the tree decorated today, it will all come together nicely.
No comments:
Post a Comment