I am SLOWLY getting back into the groove of things and am spending today in Laundry Hell. We all now have fresh clean beds and I am working on load #3 now with at least 3 more on the floor waiting to go in. I somehow managed to get all of this done along with a quick kitchen clean-up even though we went to a MOMS Club activity this morning. My friend, Kate, hosted a letter writing activity at her house. She had cleverly drafted letters to Santa for each person and we cut out pictures of toys and presents that the children wanted and pasted them on. I printed some things that are on Cole's list beforehand so he had actual items on his letter that we are expecting Santa to bring.
We are really into the Christmas spirit in our house. Cole opens a window in the Advent Calendar after supper every night and we have welcomed our Elf on the Shelf, Elvis. He hangs around all day observing Cole and Rhys and at night, reports to Santa. He sneaks back in before the boys wake up and can be found perched someplace new in the house. Today, Cole found him sitting on the stove. Cole at such a good breakfast AND lunch. Elvis is welcome to watch us eat anytime he wants :)
We are planning on putting up our tree this weekend and I am going to work on our Christmas cards too. Hopefully I will get all of the projects out of the way and can enjoy the season a little too.
We went out to the Washington Monument lighting in Baltimore tonight and it was wonderful as always.
1 comment:
I LOVE that elf idea! I am so going to do that also.
Post a Comment