My friend Kim H has wanted to host a salt dough ornament making play group activity. She had to cancel it last week because her daughter was sick. She had rescheduled it for today and this time, she called with a very croaky voice and cancelled it again. This time, I volunteered to host and Amber brought her son, Nate over and we made ornaments. Cole was not interested at all but we managed to make some cute ornaments and I even got Cole's handprint. They really turned out well and I can absolutely see us doing this every year.
It is so easy:
2 C All Purpose Flour
2 C Salt
1 C Water
Mix, divide dough into bags and add 10 drops of food coloring to each bag. Let the kids knead in the coloring. Roll each dough out onto a floured surface. Use cookie cutters and decorate. Finally, bake on wax paper at 250 until completely dry but not brown...about 25 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment