Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Friends, Fun, and Festivities

Kelly and Scott are up with their boys and have been here since Saturday. We have been busy with the boys and playing a lot. Today, we took them to the observation deck at the airport. They all had a great time playing on the toys and watching the airplanes in their various stages of coming and going. We took everyone to Art Scape on Sunday. Art Scape is the biggest free art festival in the United States. It was crowded...very crowded but we all had a nice time and shared a couple funnel cakes.

Speaking of funnel cakes: Kelly and I are trying to hit the diet hard while she is here so we can encourage each other. (she has done so well having lost almost 20% of her body weight in just 4 months) We went to the gym on Sunday and Monday but didn't make it today. I have been doing pretty well with the calorie intake and burning but don't know how it will end up. I think that my body reflects my lifestyle and until I really commit to cutting the crap out of my diet and getting off my butt. Although anyone who knows me knows that I rarely sit - aside from the computer work - and eat remarkably well. I guess it is just the lifestyle overall. I enjoy the occasional/regular beer and on the weekends, I enjoy letting loose and eating whatever as well. Okay, so maybe that is it. Anyway, we will see how it all goes.

No comments: