SO: I packed a lunch since I knew we would be there through the regular lunch time. I also packed our swim suits, towels, toys, a cover-up and pair of flip flops for myself, the camera, water bottles, pacifiers, extra diapers...
Once I got us out of the car and all of the stuff loaded onto the stroller, the kids were checked into kids club and I worked out for about 40 minutes. I sprung them from their luxurious holding cell and we made it to the family bathroom after a requested brief snack stop and an unfortunate bag explosion along the way. I got myself changed out of my gym workout stuff into my bathing suit and while Rhys hung out in the stroller eating his snack, I changed Cole too. The search in vain began for swimming diapers. Oops. Rhys would have to wear a regular diaper under his padded bathing suit and soak up all of the water in the pool. So, I get Rhys changed and buckled back in the stroller, pack away our regular clothes and we made our way out to the pool.
After we chose a spot by a table, I went about unpacking the toys and lunch items that I had brought. Rhys wouldn't wear his hat but I slathered them with sunscreen and crossed my fingers. When Cole saw the food, he wanted to eat so we had lunch almost right away. Rhys got confident with the water but was more interested in snacking on my apple than anything else. After a while, Rhys was getting tired and I was worn out so we packed it all up, I re-dressed the boys and we headed out. I looked at the clock - all of this for only 90 minutes of pool time?!
Oh well, what else would I have done with the time? We had a great morning...what a life!
No comments:
Post a Comment