Today, I decided to offer an alternative to the regular lunch of ham and cheese that is always requested in my house. I was told that at a certain age, a toddler likes to take control of certain parts of his life and with Cole, that control is in the form of the same lunch every day. It is a predictable routine that he has control over. Well, today, he got a fun bun with cheese. Sounds great, right! Well, I love them and had high hopes.
Fun Bun with Cheese = veggie burger cut into strips served in a hot dog roll with slices of Colby Jack cheese. Upon looking at it, Cole immediately said that he didn't like it. Rhys ate his up (minus the roll). Cole had THREE bites! Now, for Cole, I count it as a victory. I see fun buns with cheese on the menu again.
The side was watermelon. Cole wanted his in a whole wedge so he could pick it up and go to town...he also abandoned this effort and asked to be excused after three bites of that too. Anyway, that left Rhys and I to dine alone. Rhys decided that he also wanted a wedge of watermelon This is what followed:
1 comment:
My gosh is that boy georgeous! Melon face and all!
Post a Comment