The day started off with a bang. Rhys was fussy from 2:40 until 4:00am. I let him try to sort himself out but I couldn't rest so I was exhausted by the time 6:00am rolled around and my walking alarm went off. I didn't even hear it for 2 minutes! Chris finally woke me up and I passed on the walk but Chris pushed through and went for a run himself. It was FREEZING at 35 degrees and I was happy to have stayed in bed.
With his early rise, he was out the door for work before 8 and we headed out to the "chemist" and grocery store after Rhys woke up. I was glad to get all of my list taken care of. I always feel better when the pantry and refrigerator are stocked up. I took the boys for a walk when we got back from the store. Rhys rode in the backpack baby carrier and Cole walked on his own. He had been so good in the grocery store and was a big helper so I was happy for him to walk independently and he listened well.
I managed to get the laundry done, the kitchen cleaned, baked an apple crisp, and did a slow cooker ale pork tenderloin with baby potatoes and carrots. Dinner tasted yummy but Cole was especially naughty and Rhys cried the entire time. Cole was ultimately sent to bed and Rhys finally calmed down. I went for another walk to clear my head and am finally settling down for a relaxing evening. This entry isn't entirely exciting but it is a reflection of our day.
Motivation Tip #3 Determine your distance or destination/turn-around area in your head before you leave the house. If you want to go further, do; but at least make your original destination - put your brain on autopilot.
No comments:
Post a Comment