It seems like I am yelling "No" all of the time in the direction of Cole. I am either saying, "no" so he will stop doing something, in response to an action that has already been done and to unreasonable requests of cookies just before supper time. Is that the magic word? It is so frequently used around my house, there is no magic to it. We are also trying to instill some manners in our children so we are asking for requests to be in the form of a question not the flippant: "I want..." We also insist on "please" and "thank you". Cole is getting it but if I had a penny for every time I said, "No" or he said, "I want..." I would be a millionaire.
Rhys has had an off day today and Chris has been going in early and getting home later than usual so I am feeling his absence. I never take for granted his efforts with the boys or the house and am so thankful for the time he takes when he gets home or before he goes to work. The last couple of days have been long and challenging since we haven't had activities and Chris has been gone for longer during the day.
I took the boys for a walk around the block today and plan on taking Sasha for a walk after Chris gets home. I made chili for supper in the crock pot and I ate too much, too fast, and probably too early. At least it will be digesting well before I go for the walk and then to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment