
I got up with Rhys around 6:00 and decided to just stay up so I took Sasha for an early walk. We went about 1.5 miles. Mid-morning we headed over to Leakin Park to check out the trains that run as part of the Chesapeake & Allegheny Steam Preservation Society http://calslivesteam.org/. Several members of the society have steamers and diesels running on the second Sunday of every month from April through November. We only learned about it recently and decided to go out today to let Cole have a ride. They are impressive little engines that amount to an adult size model train. It got quite busy and they didn't allow babies to be held so I stayed at the station while Chris took Cole. One of Chris' co-workers came with his wife and daughter so they all rode together. The rides are free and last about 10 minutes. They have picnic tables and a play ground nearby so you could really make a day of it. It was bitterly cold and I was under prepared for the temperature so we only stayed for an hour and then grabbed lunch at Panera Bread before heading home.
When we got home, I ventured out on my own to Target for some Christmas shopping and general browsing and then on to the grocery store for food shopping. I believe that I was able to get enough food for two weeks - time will tell. I roasted a chicken, some acorn squash and potatoes, and sauteed some green beans for supper. Cole had some of everything and Rhys even had some roasted acorn squash that I blended in the food processor. It warms my heart to be able to cook one meal that everyone enjoys. There were no arguments and Cole gobbled up his chicken, ate the beans inside the green bean shells, and had a couple bites of squash and potato.
I took Sasha out for another walk after dinner and actually ran half of it. Now I sit, drinking a cup of coffee and blogging in front of a football game while Chris does the bedtime routine with Cole.
Life is really good. Really, truly, I am blessed.
When we got home, I ventured out on my own to Target for some Christmas shopping and general browsing and then on to the grocery store for food shopping. I believe that I was able to get enough food for two weeks - time will tell. I roasted a chicken, some acorn squash and potatoes, and sauteed some green beans for supper. Cole had some of everything and Rhys even had some roasted acorn squash that I blended in the food processor. It warms my heart to be able to cook one meal that everyone enjoys. There were no arguments and Cole gobbled up his chicken, ate the beans inside the green bean shells, and had a couple bites of squash and potato.
I took Sasha out for another walk after dinner and actually ran half of it. Now I sit, drinking a cup of coffee and blogging in front of a football game while Chris does the bedtime routine with Cole.
Life is really good. Really, truly, I am blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment