Saturday, November 22, 2008

Saturday night live

Well, I am drafting this blog before I head over to Amber's house to keep her son while they go to a party. I am not sure what time I will be home so I am creating my entry now. I was up early this morning because Cole had a bad cough. I went to the 24 hour pharmacy to get him some medicine for him and Chris. I seem to be doing much better today and have not suffered nearly as badly as Chris has. Rhys is also doing much better and only has the trouble with his teeth.
I went to a vendor event at a friend's house and knocked out a couple of gifts on my Christmas list. It was nice to know that I am getting nice gifts and supporting my friends' home-based businesses.
After I got home, we all went out to pick up a new Christmas tree. Our current tree works okay. Some of the lights are out but we can turn that part to the wall. The bigger issue is the sheer size of it. The tree is huge! It takes up the entire part of the basement that is now the play area. Last year it wasn't a big deal because we could move some things around but this year, it just won't work. We picked out a thinner tree and this one has multi-colored lights. Now, there are people with strong opinions about multi-color versus clear lights on trees. I grew up with multi-colored lights and when clear lights were introduced, I thought they looked bland. Now, I think they look classy but still remember feeling like colored lights are for children. Now that I have children, I was not only okay with getting colored lights, I felt good about having a tree that will delight both of my children and will be for them. The ornaments won't be fragile, rather, they will include thumbprint reindeer on babyfood jar bottle caps, multi-colored paper chains, and glitter covered glue globs on hand cut snowflakes. Bring it on.

No comments: