Monday, November 10, 2008

Prevention is the best medicine

Well, today Rhys had his second flu shot and I decided to make soup. Now, I have made soup many times before but never completely from scratch. I used the carcass from yesterday's chicken and simmered it all day with some veggies and herbs. I strained it and added some chicken veggies and noodles. I blended up the carrots and some celery, peas, chicken and broth for Rhys. He seemed to enjoy it and, once again, I was glad to know what he was eating and to be able to share a meal with him. Cole drank some soup through a straw and ate his grilled cheese. At least we use whole grain bread!
I am really tired and don't think I will make it out for a walk tonight. I will take the boys to a park tomorrow for a walk and some playing. There is ALWAYS tomorrow. The weather is really cool now and the soup really hit the spot tonight. I am hopeful that we all stay healthy during the winter and at least the boys have had flu shots.

"You are getting heavy." (Comment I overheard Cole making to his bear while he was carrying him down stairs today)

No comments: