Wednesday, November 19, 2008

sick day

I decided to take a sick day. No, I didn't have a day off. I just took advantage of Cole's head cold and decided we would all stay in comfy clothes and veg on the couch all day. The boys were good for it and when Rhys woke up from his first nap, I realized his nose was stuffy too. By the end of the day, they both are doing fine. Cole still is a bit snotty but Rhys seems to be no worse for the wear.
I am enjoying a glass of wine and hoping to have a relaxing evening with Chris. It seems like forever since we actually spent some time together. I always feel like we are ships passing in the night...passing children between us. Maybe sometime soon we can have a date night. I have some friends who are in similar situations and we are all co-oping babysitting. I am off to Amber's house on Saturday night to keep her son and she will watch our boys in December when we go to a birthday party.
I am excited to have friends who are available for this and am actually looking forward to getting some reading done after Amber's son goes to sleep on Saturday night. It will be nice to be in a quiet house where there is nothing for me to do - laundry, dishes, etc.
Rhys is doing okay with his sleeping but last night he was up a lot because of those pesky teeth. Cole did beautifully with the potty today...no accidents, no diapers. I am so pleased!

No comments: