Cole is still a snot factory today and Chris joined his production line. Rhys is stuffy too but not nearly producing the volume that Cole is managing. YUCK! I have the pleasure of experiencing, probably for the first time in my life, what it is like to be the one who is well. Chris credits my exercise. I just think I am a late bloomer and will be coughing up a lung on the long drive to SC next week. Let's hope not.
Anyway, Chris stayed home today and worked from here while I tried to keep Cole from running around too much. He had a really good nap and we ended up going out for dinner tonight because I wasn't really in the mood to cook and since Chris was home already, we got to the restaurant early and then after a quick stop at the drug store for some supplies, we were home early too.
Rhys is really struggling with his teeth and I feel so sorry that I can't do much to help him get through this. I felt helpless when Cole was going through it too but, thankfully, it passes quickly and he will have a nice set of pearly whites soon enough.
I got a double dose of sad news today. Firstly, my best friend's cousin was arrested for passing bad checks for jewelry at 8 different jewelry stores. It was shocking and sad. She is in jail tonight awaiting a bail hearing. I am very sad for her children and hope that she gets the treatment that she so needs. Something isn't quite right with the situation which leads us to believe that she is not a stable individual. I pray for strength for her family and for her children.
Secondly, I learned from a friend that my ex-father-in-law died suddenly yesterday. I am sad for the family and empathize with each of them. I remember all three boys' individual relationships with their father and know that they will all miss him for similar and yet very different reasons. I also can only imagine how shocking it was for his wife to find him "asleep" on the couch when she got home from work only to discover that he was, in fact, dead. What a tragic thing to experience. Conversely, when I am to go, I would really appreciate just passing away on my couch. I want to think that he was tired - not realizing something was wrong - and just laid down and drifted away. There is something comforting in believing that the person who has died didn't know it was happening. I want that and am certainly comforted that he probably went that way.
There has been so much sadness today and, although neither of these issues directly affects me, I feel for those closer to the pain and wish only the very best for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment