Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What a day!

My mind was racing this morning at 6 so I drug myself out of bed. I actually chanted to myself over and over in my head like a group of cheerleaders were encouraging me along. "Go, Jenny, You can do it! Get out of bed!" I needed those inner voices yelling at me because it was below freezing and the bed was so warm and snugly. I managed to get into the bathroom and brush my teeth. I took it one step at a time...get clothes, change clothes, find gloves, put on gloves - take off gloves to put harness on dog, put on gloves - take off gloves to lace shoes. Finally, put on gloves and head out the door. The sun was coming up and the air was COLD! The leaves were matted with a fine powdery frost and they crunched under my feet and Sasha's paws. We were both glad that the cheerleaders worked today. Maybe I will have a hard time silencing them tomorrow too. Hopefully so.
After the 1.5 mile walk, I was welcomed home by silence. No one was stirring and I was able to get about 5 minutes of reading in before Cole announced that it wasn't "dark again." This is his way of saying that it isn't dark anymore. The Fios installation tech came at 9am and he was here until 2pm. It was exhausting and Cole wasn't at all interested in taking a nap while he was here. Cole did go down for a nap but I had to wake him up to go to the Preschool Preview Night. I had volunteered to help set up but was so glad that my absence didn't make a difference since the people who work at the preschool at the church set up the room before we got there. Phew! Chris and I walked around and narrowed the group down to 3 and now I will make calls and set up dates to visit our top 2. Hopefully, we will get Cole enrolled in the one we want and he will be all set to go for September.
We got home and had supper and I discovered that my beloved laptop has finally bit the dust. Over the past 4 months, it has had trouble starting up. We actually have to tap the bottom to get it to respond. Today, it didn't do anything. Chris, bless him, took the time to remove all of the tiny screws and clean it out, tighten up the innards, and put it all back together again. Unfortunately, his hard work was not rewarded with the familiar log-in screen...still nothing. It is flat-lining. We are lucky to also have a desktop so I have now made myself at home and, once again, we are sharing computer time. Oh well.
Tomorrow will be busy too so I must turn in for now.

Important Rhys update: We have the very first pins and needles that indicate that his bottom teeth are breaking the surface of his gums! TEETH!

No comments: