Well, our beloved Ravens have made it to the playoffs as have the Redskins! That means football - that means beer. I will get to that in a few minutes.
I am following advice from a wellness/lifestyle change book that I am reading: Thinner This Year, A Younger Next Year Book. It is really informative and inspirational and only sometimes over-the-top. It is written for older folks and that makes me feel like I am ahead of the game in years to get caught up. When I say "older" I mean people about 7 years older than me: older, nevertheless.
Last night I learned that I should eat something before exercising but not too close to exercising so I was conflicted about exercise timing this morning coupled with the need to run errands, eat breakfast, etc. So, I decided to have:
OATMEAL for Breakfast
And then head out to get my shopping done. Since it is cold out, I also planned on going to the track at the park on my way home to get my exercise in. All went according to plan - sort of.
I warmed up and then decided I was ready to jog and jogged around the whole damn track - I did it! Clearly, my goal was too small so now I am planning to train for double and then I will double that until I can jog a 5k without stopping. That is a decent goal and not a small one for someone who has never done this kind of thing with such purpose.
So, I got home and had a healthy wrap with my beloved Mission Carb Balance Tortillas, leftover flank steak (about 4 oz.), 1/4 avocado, mixed baby spinach and greens, and salsa. For sides, Chris and I split a clementine, a bunch of grapes, and a kiwi.
Did you know that a single kiwi has the same amount of Vitamin C as an orange and twice the potassium of a banana! Eat a kiwi or a banana for that essential potassium.
I had a healthy breakfast and lunch and I exercised, good for me. Then I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen. Good for me! Then I sat down for a football game and filled a glass with home brew. I am only having 1 and am sipping it but I am cheating. I will let myself do it. I will be really good at dinner, I am not having any snacks with my brew and I am not having more than 1. This is all far and beyond what would have been the case last week!
Supper ended up being a bed of lightly steamed kale topped with about 4 ounces of turkey and a generous serving of roasted cauliflower and beets. Dessert was another 5 M&Ms and a cup of coffee...incidentally, I never even finished that beer - so there!
No comments:
Post a Comment