Saturday, January 19, 2013

Friday - TGIF (beware, the celebrations)

Friday was a good day and ended a busy week. I did not get any deliberate exercise and wasn't terribly interested in food for breakfast.

I made oatmeal and only ate some of it, feeling a little nauseous.
Lunch was a turkey sub with pickles, spinach, tomato and honey mustard on wheat bread
Dinner was family night out and I ordered oysters on the half shell for an appetizer and had 6. I also ordered scallops for my meal and ate them along with a side of asparagus and steamed spinach. Not too shabby. I did also have 2 glasses of wine.

I followed those wine glasses up with some beer when I got home. I certainly didn't drink "too" much from a drink standpoint but did from a calorie standpoint. I also ate until I was well stuffed which I have not done in 3 weeks, if not longer. Anyway, none of those calories really matter because my body rejected all of it in the middle of the night and I was up sick during the early hours of the morning. Lesson learned. The good life doesn't allow for over-indulgences...even if they are good foods. The rule is even more enforced now: Good food and less of it.

Needless to say, breakfast was forced Saturday morning but I did get down a very small bowl of cereal. I had a very small portion of chicken noodle soup for lunch and then drank a cup of coffee. I get hungry but then nauseous as soon as I eat anything. I had some chili for dinner made with leftover pork from earlier in the week. (Leftover pork roast, 1 large can of chopped tomatoes, 1 small can of tomato paste, 1 chopped bell pepper, 1 chopped red onion, 1 can of dark red kidney beans, drained). I was still a little hungry an hour or so later and ate another small bowl of cereal.

As I type this, I am still nauseous. I will listen to my body but really hope I get some appetite back. I want to stay on track but am not interested in the variety of fresh fruits and veggies that I should be enjoying.

No comments: