My body spoke and I listened. I went to sleep at 9pm last night and awoke this morning at 5:30. That isn't a bad thing since that is the time I get up when I commute so I might as well start getting up at the same time every day. It seems like a good idea to get my body in a rhythm of wake and sleep, exercise and nutrition. It is making sense now. If I need to sleep in and can, I will. I also will fight the desire to stay in bed just because it is warm or because I just don't feel like getting up. It's all about discipline, folks.
I was especially glad to be up and at 'em this morning because I was able to have a very small bowl of fiber cereal at 6 and then be able to get my cardio in without an empty or full stomach at 9. Why was I able to exercise at 9 when I have a job? I worked from 6 until 8 - that's how! And, as my profile reads: My company allows me to be extraordinarily and sometimes unbelievably flexible with my time. Basically, because I am really good at my job (a claim I am happy to make because I work hard at it).
Anyhoo: Cereal, work, gets kids to school, EXERCISE! After I dropped my little one off for the day, I went to a different local park with a paved path that winds through a wooded area. I stretched on the monkey bars a little before and warmed up for a few minutes and, at a really slow pace, I jogged the whole way around. Chris has been giving me tips on running and breathing so I focused on breathing in for four steps and breathing out for four steps and I made it all the way. I stopped when I was having to take a breath on 3 steps and walked around a second time. I ended my exercise time with some stretches on the playground. I only stayed out there for about 30 minutes because I do have a job and obligations but I carved out the time I could and did it. When I got home I made a proper breakfast for myself.
I am unique in that I love all things healthy - I actually love all food but don't like the way I feel physically after I eat things that are bad for me and I also have terrible guilt so this last week has taken all of the guilt out of eating and I have been able to really enjoy and look forward to meals again.
This little gem is a smoked salmon sandwich on a whole wheat English muffin with half of one of those triangles of Laughing Cow French Onion spreadable cheese, baby mixed greens, and a slice of a tomato. The portion of smoked salmon was really small, probably about 1oz.
Since I had some of the stuff out, I made a wrap for lunch of just under 4 ounces of turkey, whole grain mustard, the other half of that cheese triangle, a couple of slices of that same tomato and some baby mixed greens - all on a Mission Carb Balance tortilla.
I made regular coffee instead of decaf for my after lunch drink and it made me hot - I am guessing elevated blood pressure. I don't want to make that mistake again. I hate that feeling.
I had a snack bag of freeze dried strawberries and bananas and then a snack bag of that crispy edamame again. After the kids got home, I had a cheese stick and decided I couldn't wait any longer for dinner.
I had a bowl of microwave steamed kale topped with a slice of last night's turkey meatloaf. What can I say? Sometimes, you just need food to fill yourself and it won't be the best tasting meal you ever had but it serves the purpose.
I am REALLY dragging again tonight. I can easily blame it on biology this week and am interested to see if I see a weight drop as a result of hormones next week. I do weekly weigh-ins on Wednesday. It is catchy: Weigh In Wednesday. It also helps me to make sure that the scale is not temporarily impacted by bloating as a result of weekend frivolity so I avoid scales on Monday unless I am just curious.
Tomorrow is Wednesday so I hope for some good results: spoiler alert, I know I have lost more than 5 pounds already :)

No comments:
Post a Comment