I find that I am influenced by EVERYTHING. It doesn't take a marketing genius to work their magic on me. I am easily swayed and if I am ever on a jury, I will be convinced by the last person who speaks. Understanding this about myself, I have chosen to surround myself with healthy lifestyle media content. I spend spare time on Pinterest boards for healthy cooking and exercises. I check out clothes that I may fit into one day, I read articles about nutrition. I talk about this stuff ALL OF THE TIME. I ask questions. I observe weight loss champions and consistently fit people throughout my days and follow their leads. "If a thin person does it, I should too." I am not crazy, now. I do know that thin people live lives like the rest of us but at parties, they have less. When pizza is delivered to the office, they only eat salads. They have hummus and veggies, they go to the gym. Your body reflects your lifestyle. Mine is starting to do that too. I am choosing my influences and try to avoid regular television with the tempting foods and fake lifestyles.
Thursday was interesting. I had been particularly snacky and think that is probably a result of being over tired from the day before. Wednesday was a whopper of a day. I had a bowl of cereal early and then a boiled egg a little later. Lunch was a bowl of chili (a large serving). My snacks ended up being 1 slice of oatmeal bread with a smear of peanut butter and jelly. I also had a small cup of fat free jello chocolate pudding with a spoonful of fat free whipped cream. I made oven roasted chicken tenders (lightly breaded) alongside roasted cabbage slices and Parmesan roasted green beans. More food and calories than I have eaten in a while on a week day but I seemed to need it. I also had a glass of wine that night.
Friday I had a smoked salmon sandwich for breakfast and the leftover spaghetti squash for lunch. I made soup which was loaded with veggies and some chicken for dinner. It was delicious. I also had a frosted cookie and a couple of slices of Italian bread with margarine on it. I also had 1 glass of wine.
Today was a good day! I had some eggs with a little cheese and salsa and an English muffin for breakfast and some leftover soup for lunch. For dinner we went out to Joe's Crab Shack. I checked the menu before we went and know that my dinner was just under 600 calories (crab, corn and broccoli). It was delicious...but I was hungry when we got home so I had a spoonful of cottage cheese a couple of olives a bag of crispy edamame and a papaya spear (all in all, about 150 calories). Not terrible and I was hungry.
Chris and I are going out on a date for brunch tomorrow. I plan to enjoy my food but also am planning to stick to my list of foods that I eat now. The cost of cheating myself is greater than the benefit of tasting a few bites of food.
Be well, out there. Stay focused. Stay strong. And be well.
No comments:
Post a Comment