I sit here, my virtuous self, with a confession to make. My neighbor, who works at the local NBC affiliate, came over on Saturday with a football-shaped cake with Ravens decorations stating that they had a bunch delivered to the studio - HERE YOU GO! The kids went bananas, I - well, I was doomed.
I have had 1 small piece Saturday and 1 small piece yesterday. I was in pain and an unsolicited chocolate cake arrived at my door. I had to read the sign. Eat Cake was the sign.
So I had my two very small pieces (maybe 4 ounces total) and have tried to let it go. The last bit is in the kitchen now and I will not be tempted. I had my share and the rest will go to the kids tomorrow. The end.
Today I ate 1 boiled egg and fruit salad for breakfast
Fancy lunch out with my team at work and I had salmon on a bed of squash - delish but I am pretty sure there was a butter sauce involved.
Dinner was pasta and sauce for the kids and I converted the marinara to soup with some shrimp and a can of diced spicy tomatoes - no pasta for me. THAT WAS DELISH AND DIDN'T HAVE BUTTER!
No exercise. I feel amazingly pain-free today. That flare-up was very strange. I credit my special bath concoction (Epson Salt, Baking Soda, Dried Ginger, Eucalyptus). Hot bath, stretch into the pain, heating pad, rest, water, water, water (soak in it, drink it). The iron-rich beef dinner may have helped too.
I am not so concerned about Wednesday Weigh-in this week. It is what it is. I was really good today. I will be really good tomorrow too.
I have never recovered from a flare-up with no residual pain. NEVER. I completely credit my diet. My body didn't have to fight through added ingredients to get the nutrition. It might not be easy to deny myself delicious bad food but this good food is so easy on my body. Just one more reason to make good decisions for my health today and tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment