It is a mere 3.5 hours since I posted about the day. I have eaten my last meal and the last food to part my lips was the dreaded and uncontrollable "snacky supper".
I put together a smorgasbord of leftovers and general snacks for the family - AND WE ATE IN FRONT OF THE TELEVISION! As per the norm, there was a plate of raw veggies on hand. This was the largest of all the plates. I also did a plate of protein which consisted of New Years Day turkey slices, turkey pepperoni slices, sliced salami, and slices of the flank steak that we had last night - oh and some cheddar cheese for good measure. I saw this as the "off limits" platter (though I snuck a taste of the turkey). We also had hummus and some of the laughing cow cheese spread. I made myself a small plate of olives, shrimp, and some salmon spread to make up for the "off limits" protein tray. I had more than I should but it was of the good stuff, so I am not beating myself up about it.
I had a delicious glass of a malbec I had been holding on since Christmas - (just realized that doesn't make it seem like long...but for us, it is - trust me, this is a check for the "win" column). I also am reserving the last half of my last glass of wine to sip on after the kiddos go to bed.
Then, I will be done for the day in my path of consumption and diet distruction. I plan to jog/walk in the morning which will set me up to be back on track.
Nighty, night! Let dreams of waterfall hikes, mountain climbing, and rowing in a quiet inlet on the bay fill your heads tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment