Saturday, January 12, 2013

We all have challenges

When I was in high school gym class, I always tried. When it came time to do the timed mile, I would be the last one out there breathing through a paper bag while the gym teacher lectured everyone on giving up, using me as the example of determination. Fun times.

Well today, I ran through the very early stages of what has now become one of the worst fibromyalgia flare ups I have experienced in a while. The pain is indescribable. I will leave it there. I cannot use my lower back muscles. By the way, if you can't engage your core, you can't move your legs or shift to a seated position. I am instantly on the IR list; benched.

During this time, healthy eating is important. Comfort food is heavily desired. Anger, depression, frustration, etc. PAIN!

I begged Chris to keep me on track. I should be fine. If you are physically able to exercise and do not, you are giving up and wasting an ability that I never take for granted. If you can, do!

No comments: